The Mediterranean zest with a hedge over the mercury level makes this a super dish. The color speaks sunshine in itself. A typical Indian kitchen would hardly ever cook fresh juice. But that’s what makes this dish stand out. It’s light, very healthy, needs just 5-6 basic ingredients and hey ! it’s even colored of sunshine. Enjoy !!
….need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : 2
- Preparation time : 25 minutes
….and we need (ingredients)
- Basa fish fillet (preferably river bass) 2. Also called pangasius this is a very common river fish which is extremely easy to fillet. It is not very nutritious but the great thing about it is that bass is safe for all ages and does not have high mercury levels as in some other popular fishes.
- Orange juice 2 cups. Besides the amazing Mediterranean citrus zest that the it brings to this dish, the orange juice is also a source of major benefits like immunity boost, anti ageing, reduction in cholesterol and inflammation. It is one of the healthiest beverages on this planet. Make it fresh at home for best results.
- Lemon juice 1/2 teaspoon. Host of benefits like hydration, Vitamin C, weight loss, skin improvement etc. However, lemon juice here is just to add sourly zest.
- Orange rinds 1 tablespoon. I have never found them at the stores so i decided to make these myself. Look through my post on making orange rinds.
- Parsley chopped 1 teaspoon. It is the best garnish to neutralize the fish stench.
- Oil 2 teaspoon. Try to use a light vegetable oil with no flavor or fragrance of its own.
- Salt to taste. Obviously
….time to cook ‘n roll (cooking instructions)
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Heat for 2 minutes.
- Lay down the fillets and put the gas flame on medium. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, orange rinds and 6 tablespoons of water.
- Now cover and cook for 10 minutes. Turn twice mid way and then take off the flame and keep aside.
- In a separate pan cook orange juice and salt on medium flame till it reduces to half. May take from 7 to 10 minutes for that.
- Now pour this over the cooked fillet.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Storage : This can be refrigerated for around 1 week. But would you seriously want to hold something so yummy for re-cooking later ??
Missing Something ? : You can replace orange rinds with lemon rinds. That’s the most liberty I can allow in this one 🙂