Got kids waiting. Need quick healthy snacks. Need to impress guests with something unique. Believe me, you can use this absolutely unexpected piece of grub in your refrigerator to generate as many WOWs as possible only by a smart piece of cookery. You are a smart chef, party popper in around 10 minutes ! It’s an MCMH G-man original recipe. Read on
….need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : 3 kids or 2 adults can enjoy this
- Preparation time : 12 minutes
….and we need (ingredients)
- Beetroot stalks 1 handful or 250 gms : Amazing earthly tasting veggie with high level of immunity boosting Vitamin C and with other benefits to bones, liver, kidneys etc. So what are the stalks that i use here. Pluck a beetroot plant off the ground. Most popularly used is the bulbous root, then there are the leaves which are a great alternative to spinach. Finally there are 1/4th to 1/2 inch thick stems which may vary from 4 to 7 inches in length which lie between the root and the leaves. I am using that here. I know we use to throw them away forever long back as we knew. But it is the healthiest and tastiest part of the plant as i have discovered.
- Parsley chopped 3 teaspoons : Bitter and popular garnish. Great antioxidant and helps people with kidney or gall stones.
- Oil 1 teaspoon : Can use a seed oil like canola, sunflower etc.
- Salt a pinch only : good sodium and magnesium provider. Also aids in digestion and dissolution of food particles.
….time to cook ‘n roll (cooking instructions)
- Chop the beetroot stalks in 2 inch sections.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Keep on high flame for 2 minutes
- While the oil is almost gone put in the beetroot stalks. Medium the flame at this point and add salt.
- Stir fry for 6 to 7 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid charring.
- Take off flame onto a platter. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve hot always
Storage : Please do not even think about it. Fry only as much as you need.
Missing Something ? : You can replace parsley by coriander. Coriander would have a sweeter milder flavor.