Very light and delicious snacks that take a few minutes to prepare and is a delight to serve and relish. The most common of veggie with a simple and obvious dish that would make the kids eat what they would never otherwise 🙂 . They’ll use a lot of cherry tomato ketchup though !!
….we need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : 2 adults or 3 kids
- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Serving size : 1 brinjal each with 5 slices
….and we need (ingredients)
- Brinjals (eggplants) 2 medium size :
- 1 teaspoon oil :
- Tomatoes chopped 1 medium :
- Onions chopped 1 medium :
- Rock salt 2 pinches :
….time to cook ‘n roll (cooking instruction)
- Wash well and dry the brinjals well. Then slice them into half inches thick slices.
- Now heat the oil in a pan such that it greases well but does not get absorbed in the slices while frying.
- Now pan fry the slices of brinjals for 5 to 8 minutes on high flame but not getting them soggy. I like them crispier so I charred them a bit. Set aside.
- Saute’ the chopped onion in the pan till golden brown. Add tomatoes to it and evaporate all water.
- Take off when well done and dress the brinjal slices.
- Sprinkle some rock salt or chaat masala to top it and serve proudly.
Storage : Surely not applicable 🙂
Missing Something ? : There’s hardly anything you need in this. What can you probably miss ??