Raw papaya is a common vegetable. Here we show you how this can be grated into an amazing meal accompaniment. Mild sour and pungency is an easy and big draw anytime. And if by chance your guests are hungry, then be ready to hear them thanking and praising you for this sallad all your life. Of course, have some good spirit and share the recipe with them, better so, share this link and ask then to subscribe 🙂
…..need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : 5 to 6
- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Serving size : 2 to 3 tablespoons
….and we need (ingredients)
- Papaya grated 2 cups : Papaya which is generally a ripened food product is rich in fibre, Vitamin C and improves digestion. Here we use raw grated papaya which is quite like a less watery and less sweet but firmer melon.
- Garlic chopped 2 teaspoon : Pungency is the reason why we use this allicin rich clove which combats sickness and common cold.
- Black mustard seeds 2 teaspoon : Good for hair, skin and Vitamin A filled, we use mustard seeds here to bring out the pungency to an all new level.
- Lemon juice 4 teaspoon : Sour effect of the dish comes from here and bring alongwith it, the Vitamin C benefits to eyes, hair and skin.
- Mustard oil 2 tablespoon : Enhancing the mustard quotient in the grease too.
- Basil chopped 1 teaspoon (use lime or cinnamon basil) : Anti aging, anti cancer, anti bacterial herb is a great garnish due to it’s sweet and mixed spice aroma.
….let’s cook ‘n roll (preparing instructions)
- Heat the mustard oil in a skillet. Add the mustard seeds and wait for them to sputter on medium flame.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Now add papaya and saute for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add lemon juice and mix well. Take it off the gas burner now.
- Toss it in the pan to lighten and loosen it’s texture.
- Garnish with the chopped basil and refrigerate.
- Serve when mildly cold.
Storage : Can keep refrigerated for 1 week while using it.
Missing Something ? : You can add grated green chillies if your guests prefer so. Can’t substitute or afford to miss any further.