It’s summer time and the kids are at home. Not only are they just at home, they are at home to chill. And “YOU” must provide the chill for them as for everything 🙂 . Well this one is a special and easy one, but mind you it will be a hit one every-time. Hit in fragrance, super hit in looks and mega hit in taste. Make sure that it’s cold and it’ll ensure that you are “cool” !!
….need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : 4 cool kids
- Preparation time : 5 minutes, I promise
….and we need (ingredients)
- Beetroot grated 2 cups : Grate and squeeze them off their water if you are using yogurt or hung curd. If using regular curd, you may retain the water of the beet. Beet has a typical earthy aroma which it augurs while being underground all it’s life. It goes great with chocolate, coffee and other nuts. It lowers blood pressure, improves stamina and muscle power.
- Chocolate syrup 1 cup : Want more cheers, add 1/2 cup more. But that’s it, any further and you’ll end up overdoing. …..and to delight your kids, let me share that Chocolate improves cognitive functions, and is a great antioxidant. It prevents diseases and maintains blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Sugar 1/2 cup, regular white granular : Sugar from fruits is fructose which in itself has no vitamins and minerals but is an extremely essential dietary additive.
- Curd 4 cups, regular milk’s curd : Digestion, skin, hair, everything benefits from curd. In sizzling summers, it keeps the internals in control. Curd is our basic dish component here.
….time to cook ‘n roll (preparing instructions)
- Separate the curd in 2 bowl for varying flavors. While whisk one portion well, hang the other in a sieve or a muslin cloth to reduce the water off it. This will retain the yogurt part.
- To one portion add the chocolate syrup and whisk up quick.
- To the other portion (now dried off), add the grated and pressed beetroot. Add the sugar to it too and whisk hard for a couple of minutes. This will dissolve the sugar and minimize the beet fiber.
- Serve the two bowls to the kids with some sweet bread. (In my experience, you will have to collect the bread back in 5 minutes 😉 )
Storage : Good life. Can refrigerate for 4 to 5 days easy.
Missing Something ? : You can add some caramel chunks in the chocolate bowl and some strawberry gum drops in the beetroot one.