The Tuesday was busy with business squabbles. Works were stuck, moods were clogged and then came a time one realized that tomorrow was Independence Day. Must be some little treat to match the moods. Then I came across some wonderful Independence Day treats that my fellow bloggers had created that I was extremely impressed. and just couldn’t sit back.SO I dug into the kitchen cabinets to check out all that I could lay my hands upon and lo behold ! I have in platter some great treat for all within a jiffy. Do try and enjoy 😀
…need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : 3 to 4
- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Serving size : 2 to three rolls each
….and we need (ingredients)
- Wheat bread slices, 4 : No specific reason why I chose wheat bread. It’s just the one that we use at our place and that was what I had with me then. BTW, wheat bead is said to have all the great nourishment of whole wheat like fiber, protein, antioxidants and iron.
- Crude pesto : You would say, NOW ! thats not an ingredient. But look ! I’m not really selling a recipe here, it’s a treat snack for the JIT (Just In Time) moment. I prepared this by just blending 2 cups lime basil from my garden with crushed mixed nuts, 5 cloves of garlic with 2 cubes of cheese in 2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Flax seed chutney : It’s a more or less of a fixed condiment in my refrigerator now. Recall my recipe for this yummy and healthy chutney. Click here
….time to cook ‘n roll (preparing instructions)
- Cut off the edges of the bread slices. I never liked them anyways 🙂
- Roll them hard with a rolling pin into 2 mm thick slices. If they are crispy, I suggest you move them in the microwave for 15 seconds. If they are crisp, they will crack either while rolling or while serving.
- On one slice spread the flax seed chutney well.
- On the other slice, spread the pesto dip.
- Place one atop the other such that there is a layer of bread between both spreads.
- Now roll them into tight rolls.
- Now you a long roll with you. Chop it into 1 inch or 2 inch smaller rolls and serve with tea. Be appreciated 😀
Storage : You can store for 1 heating (if they manage to escape the treat 🙂 )
Missing Something ? : Try putting some dried oregano as a outer seasoning. Will seem good. Also, you may add red chili powder to the flax seeds chutney.