It’s been a while since I have been online. Missed all the action dearly but was thinking of all friends honestly 🙂 !
Didn’t quit cooking though 😀 . Delicacies were dished out every time I managed. This one is the amazing mahi mahi which is a native of Hawaiian pacific. Absolutely cherish this whenever I can. Since the fish is delicate, we use less number of strong spices here and blend in the perfect texture and flavor. Super easy to make, go ahead, read on and enjoy !!
….need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : 2 appreciative connoisseur
- Preparation time : 20 minutes
- Serving size : Couple of forkfulls should excite the soul 🙂
….and we need (ingredients)
- Mahi Mahi Fillet, 1 : This fish has a nice mild pinkish sweet and firm meat. I always go for fillets in Mahi Mahi since the fish has such a thick skin. The thick skin actually helps it endure the harsh west pacific waters. Mahi Mahi is also a source of all amino acids that our body needs.
- Table Butter, 2 tablespoons : The cheesy butter absorbs the basil’s herb flavor very well. Regular table butter is a good source of fats soluble vitamins and saturated fats. They are better in taste and health than margarine.
- Salt, coarse sea salt : Best and most authentic for this dish.
- Ginger Garlic paste (coarse), 1 tablespoon : An amazing herb mix to cure all sickness, pains etc. and providing the pungency and earthiness to the dish.
- Basil broke, 1 bowl fresh : Anti aging, anti cancer, anti bacterial herb is a great garnish due to it’s sweet and mixed spice aroma. Here a harvested a handful of sweet basil from my garden. As always, break their leaves and avoid chopping them. This retains their essence best.
- Parsley, 1 tablespoon : Parsley grows great in my tubs. They fight diseases, cancer, inflammation and most of all bad breath 😉 since they are a great breath freshener.
- Some sauteed veggies, 1 tablespoon : I used some chopped carrots and a couple of beans resting in my fridge for long.
….time to cook ‘n roll (preparing instructions)
- Wash and slit the fillet softly. Mahi Mahi is a soft and sweet fish. Let’s keep it that way.
- Using a mortar & pestle crush the ginger garlic with a pinch of salt to make a coarse ginger garlic paste. It will be fresher and stronger then the pre made one.
- In the same mortar and pestle, mildly crush the basil leaves. Too much force here will lead to loss in flavor, use light hands here.
- Now heat a pan on medium heat. Melt the butter on it.
- When the butter melts add required amount of salt and add basil now. Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes. Soon the basil will discolor and the flavor will transfer in the butter.
- To this, add the ginger garlic paste and mix well. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes more. Do not get tempted to add water.
- Now place the fish fillet in the pan. Cook well on medium heat for 10 minutes turning twice. By now the butter would have thickened considerably.
- Serve your delicacy hot after garnishing with chopped parsley and some steaming veggies for the works.
Storage : No way jose’ !
Missing Something ? : Keep It Simple Sir 🙂