This one was long overdue. One of the most exciting moments for me was when a couple of years ago, my kiddo decided that he wanted to make some treat by his own for his visiting friends. Believe me, this little treat when offered by him to me was the tastiest morsel that I could ever have had. The magical ingredient ( aka LOVE ) was oozing from this. His creativity went beyond the dish or the recipe, it went as far as naming his dish too. He named it the Cheesy Island Floats since they certainly looked so. Read on, be inspired and enjoy !!!
…need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : Amongst a bunch of hungry kids, No Limits 🙂
- Preparation time : 10 minutes
….and we need (ingredients)
- Mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon : Soft and creamy, mozzarella is a hit with the kids. It is high in calcium hence great for the bones of kids.
- Sweet corn kernels, 2 tablespoon : Rich with iron, folic acid, vitamin b12 etc. sweet corn kernels are great for women and kids and generally beneficial in diabetes, energy and vision. Monsoons are a great time to make your kids have a lot of kernels in any form. I grow baby corns which start giving cobs just before monsoons and till late falls.
- Tomato pulp, 2 tablespoon : Wonderful anti oxidant and full of beta carotene, tomatoes are amazing and tangy and the favorites of kids. These too come from my garden 🙂 , so easy peasy to use.
- Coriander sprigs, with soft stems, 8 – 10 : Rich with iron, manganese, magnesium and fiber, coriander has a sweet orangey zest. Kids love this garnishing too.
- Monaco salted biscuits, 6 to 8 : A very popular salty biscuit which is omni present at our place 🙂
….time to cook ‘n roll (preparing instructions)
- Mash and mix tomato pulp, sweet corn kernels and the cheese. Heat mildly and cook if you want for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Allow it to cool then spread generously over the single biscuits in a row.
- Top these with another biscuit to form crispy small sandwiches.
- Punch the coriander sprigs within the upright biscuit sandwiches to make them appear like small round islands with a groove of trees over it.
- Do not wait. Serve quickly and enjoy !!
Storage : No way Jose 🙂
Missing Something ? : Change your cheese, add some pepper. This is an Original MCMH Treat 😀 !!