Hope you’ve all gone through and subscribed this wonderful new initiative from my loved one. Do check this out too and follow, there will surely be great posts rolling here ..
I do not know why i tried this one honestly 🙂 ! I am never very impressed by the carp, but the great thing about this fresh water fish is that it is available throughout the year in this river blessed country called India. The grass carp, the silver carp, rohu, catla etc. they are easy to get hold of round the year and are relatively average in nutrition but vary in taste quotient. For one, most of them are pretty good looking fishes. So if I do not want to spare too much thought and want to make myself a quick and yummy snack, frying a carp is a great idea. This one is a simple and quick silver deep fried which can be had with any of your homemade condiments like the tomato ketchup, the pesto, the ajwain chutney etc. Have a good treat !!
….need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : This is a 2 guest fish dish.
- Preparation time : 30 minutes
- Serving size : 2 pcs with a glass of juice would be treat.
….and we need (ingredients)
- Silver Carp, 250 grams, cut and cleaned pieces : As I said, the carps don’t have a great taste but are easy to get hold off and eat due to their hard bones. Their taste is sweet and texture of the meat is soft. It has mild health benefits but being high on oils they are beneficial for heart, immunity and respiration. Here we use the silver carp for the dish.
- Vinegar, 1 teaspoon : Vinegar preserves the flavors in my dishes very well, so I don’t mind frequenting it. Prime reason for it’s preservative qualities are the amounts of acetic acid and anti bacterial present in it. And yes of course, the sour essence is brought out very well with vinegar. It is an amazing preservative.
- Salt, 3/4th teaspoon : Use the sea salt for authenticity and it’s minerals.
- Soya Sauce, 1 teaspoon : It’s a low cal high antioxidant sauce with several good cholesterols. It has a fine salty taste and is widely prevalent in dishes across south east asia and China.
- Aniseed, 1/3rd teaspoon : Anise is a sweet and fragrant spice very similar to the essence of cinnamon. It has wonderful antiseptic property and help in clearing the respiratory track.
- Oil, 1 cup to deep fry : Use a light flavor free oil. As it is we are deep frying, at least we can let the oregano and paprika take over the flavor part.
- Oregano, dried, 1 teaspoon : Bitter and pungent oregano is a great antioxidant and hence should be added to fried food. It also has anti fungal and antibacterial qualities.
- Paprika, 1/3rd teaspoon : Light and bitter with good amount of vitamin e and a strong antioxidant.
….time to cook ‘n roll (preparing instructions)
- Wash the cut pieces of fish well and the rub it with salt.
- Marinate the fish with soy sauce, aniseed and vinegar and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Make a mild and coarse paste of oregano, paprika, salt and a tablespoon of water and coat the fish with it.
- Now heat the oil in a skillet and bring to vapors.
- Now put the fish pieces in it and deep fry while constantly turning. It should take about 180 seconds.
- Now take out and dry off all the extra oil using a tissue paper or similar and serve hot with a sauce, chutney etc.
Storage : You don’t need to store 250 grams portion.
Missing Something ? : Dress them up with basil, or parsley !!