Thanx a lot for the amazing response we have to this wonderful new initiative from my loved one. Do check this out too and follow, there will surely be great posts rolling here .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtCkBgnsCo
I tried sea crabs last weekend and one thing I learnt was that they cannot be stored for long so just buy, crack and cook for best treats.
Not the best of my days was made absolutely tolerable with the treat that dished out. Note the marinate used in the dish, it had the desirable impact on the taste palates. Since it’s just a few minutes preparation dish and most of the spices have been chopped straight off from the garden, it all just exemplifies the experience !
….need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : 2 to enjoy.
- Preparation time : 20 minutes
- Serving size : 5 to 6 helpings each.
….and we need (ingredients)
- Sea Crabs, 3 to 4, cracked : They are as sweet as a lobster just a bit softer. Sea crbs are considered good for healing inflammations, improving cognitive skills and their salinity scrapes off the plaque as well.
- Salt, 3/4th teaspoon : Use the coarse sea salt for authenticity and it’s minerals.
- Oil, 2 tablespoons, to pan fry : I would prefer coconut oil which is mildly sweet and has a low boiling point.
- Lime Basil, freshly harvested and broken, 1/2 cup : Basil is the “King of Herbs” for many reasons. It is a strong anti oxidant. It fights virus, bacteria and other microbes in the body. I grow 4 to 5 types of basil in my garden and am always looking for new things to do with it.
- Celery , freshly harvested and chopped, 2 tablespoon : I grow celery for around 5 months in a year and they grow well in tubs, bags and small planters. They have one of the healthiest foliage & excellent antioxidant. It gives good bitter pungency to the stock.
- Mustard paste, 1 bowl (dry mustard 1/2 cup, salt 1/2 teaspoon, vinegar 5 to 6 teaspoons, red chilli powder 1 teaspoon) : This one mix really does the trick in this dish. Note that this is a rapidly made version of what would be a nice chili mustard for a hot dog.
- Eggs Whites, 2 : This is what a power packed protein coating would be totally bereft of any flavor of it’s own. It helps bind the marinate very well. Also helps, since the crab meat itself is soft and tends to fall apart while being cooked.
- Paprika, 1/2 teaspoon : Light and bitter with good amount of vitamin e and a strong antioxidant.
….time to cook ‘n roll (preparing instructions)
- Wash, clean and dry the broken crabs well to take away any dirt in the crevices.
- Marinade with the mustard mix for about an hour. Crab is a soft white meat so even 45 minutes of coating will get in your flavours well.
- Whip the whites of the 2 eggs and keep in a bowl.
- Now dust off the extra marinate and now coat it with the fluffed up egg.
- Keep aside and heat oil in a pan meanwhile.
- Add basil to it and stir fry mildly on medium heat for two minutes.
- To this add chopped celery and sprinkle the paprika and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well and cook for 1 minute more.
- Now finally add crab to it and stir fry for 8 to 9 minutes, occasionally increasing and decreasing heat as per requirement.
- Take off and serve hot.
- Serve with some grilled fruits. Peaches when grilled are great accompaniments !
Storage : Not much will be left once you are through .
Missing Something ? : May just season with some white pepper, that’s about it !!