Please keep supporting us with the amazing response we have had to this wonderful new initiative from my loved one. Do check this out too and follow, there will surely be great posts rolling here .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtCkBgnsCo
The easiest and the most traditional way of eating a fish is to fry it. In one survey, fish fry was ranked the 3rd most popular evening snack among youngsters in India.
With simplest of ingredients, on any given evening, a few cut pieces of the most popular carp of India,the Rohu, can turn up into a yummy treat. Read on !
….need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : 2 to enjoy.
- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Serving size : 2-3 pieces each.
….and we need (ingredients)
- Fish, Carp, steaks, 250 to 400 grams : The carps don’t have a great taste but are easy to get hold off and eat due to their hard bones. Their taste is sweet and texture of the meat is soft. It has mild health benefits but being high on oils they are beneficial for heart, immunity and respiration. I used steaks of Rohu, the popular river carp here.
- Salt, 1/3rd teaspoon : Use the sea salt for authenticity and it’s minerals, even with river fish.
- Oil, 2 tablespoons, to pan fry : Use mustard oil here to tingle those taste buds and let the taste of the treat go deep in them.
- Turmeric, 1/3rd teaspoon : Turmeric gives a great orange color and a mild bitter taste to the pickle here. It is a wonderful antioxidant and anti inflammatory. I grow them in tubs in my backyard. They test your patience coming up, but they are amazingly pretty as a plant.
- Lemon juice, 1/2 a lemon or about 3/4th teaspoon : Sour and acidic, with a good amount of citric acid, we add lemon here not just to enhance the sour essence but also to use it’s hydrating and digestive qualities.
- Garam Masala, 1/3rd teaspoon: The ever popular Indian concoction of spices helps in weight loss, pain fight, immunity boost etc. True to its name, it’s hot and powerful. Imagine being the blend of around 10 powerful spice essence.
- Ginger Garlic paste, 1 teaspoon: An amazing herb mix to cure all sickness, pains etc. and providing the pungency and earthiness to the dish.
- Coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon: Coriander provides the garnish to the dish and takes off any unwanted smell. Coriander is also a great digestive and also aids in the digestive and blood system of our body. The sweet coriander is one of the most popular garnish across fat cooked dishes. I pluck the whole plant from my garden since roots give the best flavor in the coriander plant.
- Red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon: Dried red chillies have a sharper, earthier essence then the fresh green ones. They are a good source of Vitamin C, A and E hence beneficial for skin and hair.
….time to cook ‘n roll (preparing instructions)
- Wash, clean and dry the fish steaks.
- Marinade the fish for 15 minutes with salt, turmeric and lemon juice.
- Now wash the fish mildly, this would wash off the strong essence of turmeric.
- Now coat the fish with wet spices.
- Now heat oil in a skillet and fry the steaks till they turn golden brown.
- Enjoy the delight to serve and relish !!
Storage : I suggest you to avoid storage. Just in case you have to leave the treat and rush somewhere, you may refrigerate it for a day or so max. !
Missing Something ? : Serve it with some Ajwain Ki Chutney or raw mustard sauce 🙂 !!