Am starting this post by again thanking and promoting the below : .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtCkBgnsCo
So, I’ve been quite tied up with some assignments but I made it my pre-New Year resolution to get active at my recipe posts and do it today on the 31st of Dec.
To start with let me wish all of you a very Happy New Year and a Blessed 2020. Hope you all have a delicious year to come !
Now about the treat here. Well, it’s no wonder, Chicken Teriyaki is one of the most popular ways of eating white meat especially in the eastern hemisphere. It has it’s unique sweet and sticky yumm which is so hard to resist. Of course, it’s topped with the sesame seed, another thing so staple with east asian cuisines. I found it to be a yumm evening snack to usher 2020 in, let’s hope you try and enjoy as well.
….need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : It’s a 4 people dish.
- Preparation time : 35 minutes
- Serving size : 3 pcs per person would be right arithmetically, but fastest fingers wins this one !
….and we need (ingredients)
- Chicken cut into small pcs., 500 grams : The chicken is not my preferred meat but is welcomed with great recipes though. Being white and light it is versatile in kitchen. High in proteins and great for heart chicken also promotes bone development and skin damage repair. What I didn’t know was that it was an anti depressant as well. Well, all my recipes are as well 😉.
- Orange juice, 1/4th cup fresh : Besides the amazing Mediterranean citrus zest that the it brings to this dish, the orange juice is also a source of major benefits like immunity boost, anti ageing, reduction in cholesterol and inflammation. It is one of the healthiest beverages on this planet. Make it fresh at home for best results.
- Honey, 2 tablespoon : Honey is a good anti oxidant and controls cholesterol levels. It compliments the mustard very well, just like in a mustard sauce.
- Ginger paste, 3/4th teaspoon : Unmistakably earthy, the ginger adds the heat quotient in the dish. The gingerol in ginger is a strong anti nausea and anti inflammatory agent.
- Sesame oil, 3 teaspoon : Sesame improves blood pressure, burns fats and is a good source of iron. It enhances the nutty flavor in the dish.
- Butter, 1 tablespoon : The cheesy butter absorbs the basil’s herb flavor very well. Regular table butter is a good source of fats soluble vitamins and saturated fats. They are better in taste and health than margarine.
- Roasted Sesame seeds, 1/2 teaspoon : Sesame improves blood pressure, burns fats and is a good source of iron. It enhances the nutty flavor in the dip.
- Soy Sauce, 3 tablespoon : It’s a low cal high antioxidant sauce with several good cholesterols. It has a fine salty taste and is widely prevalent in dishes across south east asia and China.
….time to cook ‘n roll (preparing instructions)
- Wash well the chicken pieces and keep them tender by not refrigerating them.
- Take orange juice in a plastic bowl and add the sesame oil (1 tablespoon), honey, ginger and soy sauce. Whisk it all well to mix properly.
- Marinate the chicken with this and keep aside for 30 minutes. Do not discard the dripping extra marinade.
- Now heat a non stick pan. Add remaining sesame oil and heat till it fumes.
- Now add the chicken in it and cook on medium flame for about 8 minutes till it is done to your satisfaction.
- Take the chicken off and in the same pan melt the butter. To this add the leftover marinade and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat stirring well.
- Now add back the chicken and cook it on medium heat till all marinade sticks to the chicken. It should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds and serve hot and fragrant !
Storage : Do not refrigerate, 1. it’s winters and hot chicken will be yummy, 2. honey will harden and spoil the chicken texture if allowed to cool.
Missing Something ? : You can replace chicken with a turkey and try with slightly firmer meat !!