Please keep supporting us with the amazing response we have had to this wonderful new initiative from my loved one. Do check this out too and follow, there will surely be great posts rolling here .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtCkBgnsCo
Tilapia is a wonderful friend of all time. It’s there across the shelf in all seasons, it has less bones to chew off and is friendly for the kids as well. With a sufficiently meaty mass, tilapia or the jalebi fish as it is sometimes called locally is a fish in need for all seasons.
Here I share a near magical and yummy recipe of tilapia. Do prepare this and enjoy the treat, I can promise you the cooking time is short but the fish will last on your platter for an even shorter time !!
….need to know (food details)
- Number of people served : 2 can enjoy 1 fish.
- Preparation time : 25 minutes
- Serving size : Be primitive, fight for your share 🙂
….and we need (ingredients)
- Tilapia, 1 whole, cleaned, about 400 grams : Tilapia is a very popular fish in Asia and Africa though is also common near the Caribbeans. It’s not the most tasty of fishes but is chunky, pretty looking decently good for immunity. Remember that unlike most expectations, this fish is not rich in omega 3 and is a low fat fish.
- Salt, 1/3rd teaspoon : Use the sea salt salt for authenticity and it’s minerals.
- Oil, 2 tablespoons, to pan fry : Use light vegetable oil here to tingle those taste buds and let the taste of the treat go deep in them.
- Ginger Garlic paste, 1 teaspoon : An amazing herb mix to cure all sickness, pains etc. and providing the pungency and earthiness to the dish.
- Paprika powder, 2 teaspoon : Light and bitter with good amount of vitamin e and a strong antioxidant.
- Tomato puree, 250 grams : Puree would be somewhat sour and sweet but more intense than tomato ketchup. Cooking it gives a great sauce for my dish.
….time to cook ‘n roll (preparing instructions)
- Wash, clean and dry the fish and make slanting slits. Make the cuts deep. It will help in cooking and deepening of the flavour.
- Coat the fish with salt. Keep aside for at least 30 minutes. Now wash gently.
- Make a mix of the ginger garlic paste and the coarsely ground paprika.
- Marinate the fish with the paste (ginger garlic mixed with paprika powder) and keep further for around ten minutes.
- Now heat oil in a non stick pan. Keep on medium, wait till you start seeing vapours.
- Place the fish in the pan and fry it for 5 minutes turning twice.
- Now take out the fish and pour the tomato puree in the pan.
- While you keep the fish aside, cook the tomato puree for about 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Now place the fish in the cooked sauce and mix well but delicately. Be carefully not to break the fish while turning. Cook the fish covered on slow heat for next 5 minutes or as pr the softness you require.
- I cook it such that the sauce thickens well.
- Garnish and serve hot !
Storage : Honestly, I did wrap it in a banana leaf and refrigerate it for a day. But don’t stretch your timelines please.
Missing Something ? : You can dust your fish with mild pepper powder. It will enhance the pepper zing !!